Saturday, May 14, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust

Okay, it is now official. I am too old to try to out drink someone. I have known that for years. I really think that ship sailed when I was about 19, but every once in a while, I forget. I forget what it is like to wake up at 5 in the morning to a spinning room; I forget the groggy, compressed feeling of dehydration the next day; and I forget about the two day recovery period afterward. So why do I do it? It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, oh my. Last night was one of those nights. I decided to mix vodka with beer, never a wise decision, and until 1:00 a.m. I was having a jolly good time. I had a heated political discussion at the Mallard and then continued it with the folks I met at a party I wasn’t invited to. I had a blast until I woke up this morning, choking down ways of nausea. It wasn’t until after I swallowed some anti-nausea pills that I realized I also had a splitting headache. How very unpleasant to know so early in the morning your day is going to be terrible and you are the only one to blame.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope those poor folks with whom you were "heatedly discussing" politics were as drunk as you were, Ange!