Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Vicodan Dreams

I recently had a wreck and hurt my neck. I didn’t go to the doctor because I have enough pain pills in the house to self medicate, plus I didn’t really think I had anything wrong with me except a bad case of whiplash. Anyway, Tuesday night I took some Vicodan before I went to sleep. Apparently, Vicodan and I do not get along very well, because not only did I wake up at 11, 12, 1and 2, I also had some of the strangest dreams ever! The dream between 11 and 12 was the most mysterious. I was in a desert, but this desert had big, massive tree roots sticking out of the ground. There were no trees, only roots. It was hot and I was crawling on the ground trying to get away from two Saudis dressed in full Islam garb, complete with machine guns. I have no idea how I knew they were Saudis or why they were chasing me, but they were. I also knew they would kill me if they caught up with me. Just as I was about to crest a hill, I started losing my will to crawl. The sun was beating down on me and I remember thinking, “If I can only make it to the top of the hill, I can roll down the other side and buy some time.” But I just could not hold onto the tree roots and I kept slipping back. Just as the Saudis were about to reach me, I closed my eyes, preparing for the gunshots. Instead of the sound of an automatic weapon, I heard one of the Saudis say, “Hello, my name is Halam.” I opened my eyes and saw that both of them had changed from robes to running shorts and tank tops and were enjoying a fast jog. The man named Halamed continued, “My dad is the king. I am late for a date. I am a male stripper.” Then I woke up.

No comments: