Thursday, November 10, 2005

Exciting Plans for the Weekend

Good news concerning the riots; it looks as if they are calming down. There was a sharp decline in burnt cars last night. The helicopters fly overhead about every 20 minutes throughout the night and I think that may deter many people from acting like fools. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

In other news, I went to a play last night. Tartuff, created by Molière in 1664 (?), is comedy about an imposture who befriends a few members of a family and wrecks havoc with the other members of the family. I would give a better synopsis of the play, but as it was in French, I only understood about 8 percent of it.

But the best news of all concerns my weekend plans. Eva, Jessica (the Germans), and I are going to the beach. Nevermind that it is the coldest weekend of the year, we are going to have a lot of fun. We rented a car, a Puegeot (which hopefully is french for indestructable) and are going to drive to Honfleur. It is in Normandy and is about 2 hours away from Paris. Unfortuantely, I will be driving and I must admit, I am not looking forward to it. Navigating through Paris just seems like a nightmare. I am sure we will manage and have a wonderfully cold weekend.

No comments: