Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Random Monuments of London

Sorry for this not so artistic photo of Big Ben. I thought it would be much cooler than this, but it's not. I think I need a better camera. Don't get me wrong, I love my camera, but I think I need a bigger one.

Because it was so pretty when I was in London, I didn't spend much time in monuments therefore I don't have a lot to write about. I do know that Big Ben is attached to some government buildings and is quite impressive in person. It is situated on the Thames River and can be seen from the London Eye. Next time I go (and I promise there will be a next time very soon), I will be much more studious.


This is Victoria Tower and it is attached to the same governmental buildings as Big Ben. Again, I don't know much about it because I didn't take a tour. I could pull stuff off the internet to fill space, but that would just feel like cheating.








This is Westminster Abbey and of all the things I didn't do, I regret not going in here the most. One of the major reasons I didn't get more into any of these buildings was because we (Seb, Seb and I) spent most of the day in the Tate Museum looking at the Gothic Nightmares: Fuseli, Blake and the Romantic Imagination exhibit. For those of you who don't know (and probably don't care), this is right up my academic alley, so to speak. I took my graduate comprehensive exams in 19th Century British Literature(Romanticism and Victorian). The fact that I was really familiar with all of the stuff referenced in the exhibit and my unnatural love of museums had a weird effect on me. I turned into a bit of an overly excited nerd upon entering this exhibit and really spent too much time reading EVERYTHING.


As I said, next time......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful buildings. You definitely need to go back again. Nice that you're so close.

Unknown said...

angela - I think those are wonderful photos! I like the photo of big ben because it's different! So ha, you've got a fan who says it's a good shot. :)