Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Bet My Day Was Stranger Than Yours

The last few weeks have been busy and odd. Probably one of the strangest days occurred a few weeks ago and it was bizarre even by my standards.

We’d been having wonderful weather so I wanted to have a picnic (I always want to have a picnic if the sun is out. It’s one of the nicest things about Paris). Paris has two major parks, Vincennes on the southeast side and Boulogne on the northwest side. I normally go to Vincennes with a friend for 2 hour walks so on this particular day, my friends and I decided to go to Bois de Boulogne.

For those of you unfamiliar with the reputation of this particular bois, it’s probably most famous for the beautiful Brazilian trannies who work there. As far as I know, they only come out at night so I figured since we were going during the day, we’d be fine.

We stayed on the main roads and for the first twenty minutes, everything was normal. We saw lots of people jogging, walking their dogs, having public liaisons, etc, but I started noticing a bunch of white vans with blacked out windows parked on the side of the road. On closer inspection (but not too close), we realized they were full of working girls and not so girly working girls. Some were downright foul, with beer guts and obvious Adam’s apples but others were decent looking for street workers.

Not being in the market to purchase any of their services, we decided to get off the beaten path and find some better scenery. It took some work because the park is riddled with paved roads, but we found a well-worn path that had some traffic. I think we’d been on the path for about 10 minutes or so when we saw a man pleasuring himself with frantic energy (Yes, I laughed). Needless to say, we didn’t continue on the path.

The next 30 minutes or so were relatively uneventful, that is until we saw the elephant. Yes, an elephant. I know, logically, it had to be there for some type of circus, but it didn’t diminish the weirdness factor. Imagine it, walking, running and then suddenly spying an elephant…in the middle of a park. It was a bit arresting to say the least.

Anyway, that was my weird day of the month: a walk in the park that turned in to a sightseeing tour which included prostitutes, transvestites, a masturbating man and an elephant.

5 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

Very funny post. It's nice to have weirdness to report once in a while.

buffalodick said...

Well, it beat the wedding reception I went to, but not by as much as you'd expect!

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas said...

Wow... this is an interesting (okay, strange) day!! Especially at a park... hmmm...

Jules @ Lovely Las Vegas
www.lovelylasvegas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Betty-Lots of weirdness in Gay Paris.

Buffalo-Sounds like a romping good time.

Jules-No more interesting than a day in Las Vegas, eh?

Pardon My French said...

I've only been to Vincennes and it was nothing like the day you had! OMG.