Tuesday, April 26, 2005

What is worse than having no soul? Having no personality.

As I have stated, I hate my job. I can’t wait to quit. I try not to complain too much, but the folks I work with give me so much material it is hard to keep my mouth shut or my fingers still. Here is a for instance.

Almost monthly, we have a sales team from out of state here for a week. These particular people are the worst. The women walk around wearing the lowest cut, tightest outfits and the men are just the sleaziest scumbags I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. One of them, in particular, really gets on my nerves. His name is Scotty and along with his ill manners and being raised in a barn, he also has the worst personality of anyone I have ever met. And just like dogs and children hang around folks who don’t like them, he tries to converse with me as often as humanly possible every time the team is here.

This last time he tried to get to know me and asked me all sorts of questions, personal questions that he had no business asking. I was giving very brief answers to each question, hoping he would get the hint, which he didn’t because he is stupid. Anyway, some questions had to do with my education and I told him I had a B.S. in Psychology and a M.A. in English. Here is his response and, as God is my witness, it is exactly what he said. I wrote it down so I could refer back to it for a good laugh:

“I am really smart, too. I went to Vanderbilt for a semester
on a golf scholarship, but got kicked out when I got a D.U.I.
I graduated from a college about the size of A.S.U. in western
Tennessee. I can teach. I thought I was the only one up here
who was smart. I guess you are smart too. Boy. Man, I can teach.”

I am not going to point out the obvious or even comment for that matter. Just enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wouldn't you feel sorry for his students if he ever had any?