Thursday, December 15, 2005

Warmer Days in Paris




I love the picture of the pyramid. I even love the little guy who came out of nowhere to get right in the frame of my fantastic photo. Yes, this is the famous I.M. Pei pyramid in front of the Louvre. This is my 4th reason to love France. I have read so much about this pyramid and wanted it to be all I thought it could be and was afraid it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but I was not disappointed. It kind of takes your breath away when you see it for the first time. I remember thinking, "Wow, Mr. Pei really had a stroke of genuis here." For a moment, I regretted not being an architect. And for those of you who are fans of Da Vinci Code, the picture of the inverted pyramid in the mall of maddness (of course there is a huge mall under the street and before you get to one of the Louvre's entrances) is the very one that is so important in the book.

1 comment:

SB said...

wohey!!!
yes we do like the pyramid and the da vinci code: sorry, you have pressed the right button here: sorry again about the ambiguous formulation. i'll have to blog the da vinci code one way or another: also let's go and watch the film in may!
i'm taking my pupils to the louvre at the beg of feb...it reminds me.