Friday, March 10, 2006

Art Days



Since it is free the first Sunday of the month, I went to the Louvre (yawn) and then to Musée D’Orsay Wednesday to see the Pissarro and Cézanne exhibition. Pissarro is my favorite Impressionist and I feel like I discovered him. He painted many scenes of Pontoise which is about a mile from where I live. The exhibit was really interesting because the museum hung Pissarro and Cézanne’s paintings side by side. This doesn’t sound cool, but trust me, it was. Pissarro and Cézanne were friends and often painted the same scenes and by hanging the two artists’ similar scenes next to each other, you are really able to observe all of the subtle differences. The best painting was a large painting by Pissarro. It is part of a private collection so I doubt I will ever get to see it again. I wanted to take of picture of it, but the security guards were having none of that.

The first picture is pretty explanatory, but the picture is the Musée D’Orsay. It looks pretty good for an old train station, huh?

No comments: