Friday, March 10, 2006

Painless High School Memories


Brookland High School was a terrible school and I had a pretty horrible time in high school as most people do. One of the only cool things about Brookland was the fact that they actually hosted exchange students. When I was 16, Judith came from the far away country of Germany to spend some time in an American school. How and why she ended up in Brookland is still a mystery to me, but I am really glad she came. Since that year, I have seen her twice. The first time I met up with her was in Germany about 6 or 7 years ago. This week I got to hang out with her again in Paris. It was so cool! She hasn’t changed that much and we got along great. I was really nervous about meeting her again because I was afraid we would be so different and not have anything in common, but everything was fine. It all felt completely comfortable. We joked about seeing each other every 6 years, but really I think that is a good idea. Of course I would like to visit with her more often, but it would be really cool to meet her again in a different country the next time we get together: United States, Germany, France, and next…..

No comments: