Saturday, May 27, 2006

The London Eye


I think my second favorite thing was the London Eye. The tickets weren't cheap and the little, costly book that describes the history, construction and sites is definitely a "must buy." Altogether, I think I spent about 15 pounds, which is about 30 dollars for this little attraction, but it was well worth it.

From the "pods" you can see all of London and it goes slow enough for everyone. There is no way you could get sick from this; it is no carnival ride. However, if you are afraid of heights, perhaps you should think of another form of entertainment. At one point, I had a serious attack of vertigo.


British Airways commissioned the construction of this magnificent project and I must say, in true English dialect, "Cheers!" It is beautifully constructed and adds so much character to the Thames River. However, now I know why B.A. flights are so expensive!

Isn't this a fantastic view of Big Ben!

6 comments:

coach said...

i'm glad u r enjoying the scenes there. cheers you bloke .

Anonymous said...

This looks really great. Although I do have enough problems with heights that I won't go on a regular ferris wheel so I'm not sure I'd do it if I ever get to London.

Lotus Reads said...

Angela, I had read about the millenium wheel but you're the first person I know who has actually been on it. Nice to know it was an enjoyable experience. This will definitely have to go on my list of "things to do while in London". Thanks!

wenstumped said...

Hmmm! I wonder! If Ben is really all that big, why does London have to keep an eye on him?!! ;-D

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»